Sunday, September 28, 2014

28 September 2014 -- Less than a month to go

Mom, I got the banner in the mail. It was perfect timing so thank you so much. I needed it. It was right after I found out I was flying alone to go home and I just kind of lost it and it was what I needed to kind of pick me up again.
As for our trip last week, I honestly do not know why I need to be finger printed. Security I guess. All the foreigners who are going home...This is hilarious because we were at the airport in Tacloban and the guy at the scanning machine goes through Sister Sousa's bag and finds a tampon and takes it out and stares at it and asks what it is and keeps playing with it.
Airport Security check
I had to take a picture because we were all dying of laughter trying to explain what it was to him at a security entrance, hahaha, they don't have them here, haha. Good times.
My batch and my babies (anaks).
      It was sooo much fun to be in Tacloban with my anaks- I have a picture of all my posterity and I am so proud of them. They are the hardest working missionaries and just doing WORK! Manila was ... quick and good. It was nice to talk to my batch but it was like we were going home and I did not like that.
But I got to sit next to a man on the plane and taught him the whole first lesson and gave him a book of mormon and he was really interested and asks fantastic questions so I REALLY loved that. Missionary work is the best and its SOOO much better when you know what you are supposed to say hahah. Missions are the best! The man I met on the plane is from Samar and I got his number and am following up with him. It was so fun being able to turn pages in the Book of Mormon for him to read to answer his questions... that is what is one of my favorite feelings in the whole world.
These are my two children in the Tacloban mission, the other is still in Bacolod but she writes me and is doing wonderful. I can't tell you how proud I am of both of these sisters. They have changed my life so much.

     I learned a lot about love this week. My anak is the one who reminded me. I just let Satan get in for a second and let me believe that I was not having success in the area because I was doing something wrong and I did not love my investigators the way I should. I did a lot of pondering and praying and I am back! I do love my investigators; I love them so much... I just need to express that love through patience. I am NOT the most patient person in the world and Heavenly Father is giving me MANY opportunities to improve. Patience is one of the most beautiful ways to express love though and I am excited to improve.
The trip to Manila to be finger printed. All the missionaries going home in the next transfer.
 This is in Manila. This is the president of Mexico.
We had no idea why he had a giant statue in Manila
so we took a picture. 

   
    This week was crazy because of the Tacloban-Manila trip but still good. We are teaching so many of Niko's relatives now and I LOVE IT! Because it means that Niko will have a stronger foundation and support to stay strong in the church. His house is chaos and then when we show up and teach it's just pure peace and their faces just glow and they eat up everything we tell them,. We taught his aunt about the word of wisdom and she mentioned how she noticed that Niko stopped drinking coffee (I can't tell you how happy that made me.) She was eager and anxious to follow and claim those blessings for herself AND she came to church! Her name is Melyn and she is just a BEAUTIFUL woman and I'm exciting to teach her and help her apply the gospel in her life.
 This is Niko, Me, Melyn, Judith (investigators) and Sister Besiera
    We finally were able to start teaching Elmer and we committed him to baptism on October 18th and his response was "YES, what time?" Hahahahahahaha it was like he did not have to give it a second thought. He has come to church for over a month now with no support or anything. I simply met him on the street one time and he just loves the way he feels and the message of the Restored gospel. He is a gem and I am so excited for him. He wants to serve a mission (=
   
Mom, I need to go but I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Thank you for being patient with me. Tell dad I love him. Excited to talk to you next week. Stay safe! I love you so much!
Sister Sarah Ralph
This is my posterity (= woot woot. I'm a great grandma (=

No comments:

Post a Comment